Please see below the proposed routes for the Great British Spring Clean Litter Pick on Saturday 24th March.
A few pointers to be mindful of:
- Suitable clothing and footwear MUST be worn
- We have a limited supply of gloves so if you have a pair please bring along
- Hi-Viz as above we have a limited number so if you have anything please wear.
- As this is a nationally organised event it if key that we litter pick together and bring all bags to one collection point, this is for the purposes of counting etc.
- Many people are offering to litter pick small areas nearby their properties – again as this is an organised event it is very important that we all meet together at the village hall at 09:30 for a safety briefing.
- Zones will be allocated to people – ideally by preference for everyone. If you wish to meet at village hall and then drive to a suitable and safe location near to the litter pick zone please do so.
So to clarify…
- 09:15 – 09:30 – meet @ Village Hall – all participants must attend the safety briefing and equipment collection.
- Suitable clothing and footwear to be worn
- Zones will be allocated – hopefully each zone will have a minimum team of 4
- Children MUST be supervised at all times and will NOT be permitted on the embankment
- Once your zone is complete, drop rubbish bags off and equipment off at St Barnabas Church Hall (in allocated area) and TEXT Rachael stating Zone number is complete.