Please click the link below to view a leaflet from Humberside Police
To make sure you don’t cause problems:
Do not park:
- on a footway or verge
- where the kerb has been lowered
- within 10 metres of a junction
- where it will obstruct other road users
- facing oncoming traffic
- without lights on roads where the speed limit is more than 30mph
- without lights if your vehicle weighs more than 1,525kg unladen (ie 30cM approx)
Tips on safe Parking
The highway is for the free flow and passage of moving vehicles.
If you park on the road:
- Do it correctly, with all wheels on the roadway;
- Do not inconvenience other road and footway users.
- If you have a driveway, please use it
- Correctly parked vehicles on the highway can help to reduce other vehicles’ speed.